Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Bell Elkins series.
- #1: A Killing in the Hills: The First Bell Elkins Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Bitter River (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #3: Summer of the Dead: A Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #3) (Paperback): $15.99
- #4: Last Ragged Breath: A Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #4) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #5: Sorrow Road: A Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #5) (Paperback): $15.99
- #6: Fast Falls the Night: A Bell Elkins Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #6) (Paperback): $16.99
- #8: The Cold Way Home: A Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #8) (Hardcover): $27.99
Bone on Bone, the next powerful chapter in Pulitzer Prize-winner Julia Keller's beloved Bell Elkins series, sends readers headlong into the thick of a mystery as young as today's headlines -- but as old as the mountains that hold these lives in a tight grip.
How far would you go for someone you love? Would you die? Would you kill? After a three-year prison sentence, Bell Elkins is back in Acker's Gap. And she finds herself in the white-hot center of a complicated and deadly case -- even as she comes to terms with one last, devastating secret of her own.
A prominent local family has fallen victim to the same sickness that infects the whole region: drug addiction. With mother against father, child against parent, and tensions that lead inexorably to tragedy, they are trapped in a grim, hopeless struggle with nowhere to turn.
Bell has lost her job as prosecutor -- but not her affection for her ragtag, hard-luck hometown. Teamed up with former Deputy Jake Oakes, who battles his own demons as he adjusts to life as a paraplegic, and aided by the new prosecutor, Rhonda Lovejoy, Bell tackles a case as poignant as it is perilous, as heartbreaking as it is challenging.