Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Nero Wolfe Mysteries series.
- #1: Murder in E Minor (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $13.99
- #2: Death on Deadline (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $14.99
- #3: The Bloodied Ivy (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $13.99
- #5: Fade to Black (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $13.99
- #6: Silver Spire (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $13.99
- #7: The Missing Chapter (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: Archie Meets Nero Wolfe: A Prequel to Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Mysteries (Paperback): $14.99
- #10: Archie in the Crosshairs (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #10) (Paperback): $14.99
- #11: Stop the Presses! (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #11) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #12: Murder, Stage Left (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #12) (Paperback): $14.99
- #13: The Battered Badge (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #13) (Paperback): $14.99
- #14: Death of an Art Collector: A Nero Wolfe Mystery (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #14) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #15: Archie Goes Home (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #15) (Paperback): $16.99
After the heir to a frozen-food fortune gets iced, Nero Wolfe's right-hand man becomes a suspect: "Goldsborough does a masterly job with the Wolfe legacy" (Booklist).
When Lily Rowan doesn't laugh at his jokes, Archie Goodwin knows something's wrong. Her niece Noreen has been running around with Sparky Linville, a club-hopping bad boy who's the terror of Manhattan nightlife, and the last time she went out with him, Noreen wasn't herself when she came home. All she would tell her aunt was that she had been assaulted. Springing into action, Goodwin waits for Linville outside of Morgana's, a chrome-and-glass palace that sits like a wart on Second Avenue. They nearly come to blows, but Linville's bodyguard intervenes, and Goodwin retreats to plan his next move. In the morning, Linville is dead, and Goodwin is the chief suspect. For years he has helped rotund genius Nero Wolfe out of jams, and now it's time for the master detective to return the favor.
About the Author
Robert Goldsborough (b. 1937) is an American author best known for continuing Rex Stout's famous Nero Wolfe series. Born in Chicago, he attended Northwestern University and upon graduation went to work for the Associated Press, beginning a lifelong career in journalism that would include long periods at the Chicago Tribune and Advertising Age. While at the Tribune, Goldsborough began writing mysteries in the voice of Rex Stout, the creator of iconic sleuths Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin. Goldsborough's first novel starring Wolfe, Murder in E Minor (1986), was met with acclaim from both critics and devoted fans, winning a Nero Award from the Wolfe Pack. Nine more Wolfe mysteries followed, including Death on Deadline (1987) and Fade to Black (1990). Stop the Presses! (2016) is his most recent novel.