Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Nero Wolfe Mysteries series.
- #1: Murder in E Minor (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $13.99
- #2: Death on Deadline (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $14.99
- #4: The Last Coincidence (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $13.99
- #5: Fade to Black (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $13.99
- #6: Silver Spire (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $13.99
- #7: The Missing Chapter (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: Archie Meets Nero Wolfe: A Prequel to Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Mysteries (Paperback): $14.99
- #10: Archie in the Crosshairs (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #10) (Paperback): $14.99
- #11: Stop the Presses! (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #11) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #12: Murder, Stage Left (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #12) (Paperback): $14.99
- #13: The Battered Badge (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #13) (Paperback): $14.99
- #14: Death of an Art Collector: A Nero Wolfe Mystery (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #14) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #15: Archie Goes Home (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #15) (Paperback): $16.99
A professor's death lures the reclusive detective and his sidekick to a bucolic crime scene: "Goldsborough does a masterly job with the Wolfe legacy" (Booklist).
An academic so conservative he thought Ronald Reagan was a pinko, Hale Markham rules Prescott University like an intellectual tyrant--until the morning he's found dead at the bottom of one of Prescott's famously beautiful ravines. Every liberal on campus hated the crotchety old crank, but which one is responsible for giving Markham his final push to the right? The case so intrigues the incomparable, reclusive master detective Nero Wolfe that he takes the unusual step of leaving the confines of his home. With man of action Archie Goodwin at his side, Wolfe examines jealous professors, a fanatical assistant, and a university president with an ego that--like the school itself--will not stop growing. Though they're far from the city, Wolfe and Goodwin will find that no back alley is as dangerous as the shadowy corridors of the Ivy League.
About the Author
Robert Goldsborough (b. 1937) is an American author best known for continuing Rex Stout's famous Nero Wolfe series. Born in Chicago, he attended Northwestern University and upon graduation went to work for the Associated Press, beginning a lifelong career in journalism that would include long periods at the Chicago Tribune and Advertising Age. While at the Tribune, Goldsborough began writing mysteries in the voice of Rex Stout, the creator of iconic sleuths Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin. Goldsborough's first novel starring Wolfe, Murder in E Minor (1986), was met with acclaim from both critics and devoted fans, winning a Nero Award from the Wolfe Pack. Nine more Wolfe mysteries followed, including Death on Deadline (1987) and Fade to Black (1990). Stop the Presses! (2016) is his most recent novel.