Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the Nero Wolfe Mysteries series.
- #1: Murder in E Minor (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $13.99
- #2: Death on Deadline (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $14.99
- #3: The Bloodied Ivy (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $13.99
- #4: The Last Coincidence (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $13.99
- #5: Fade to Black (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $13.99
- #6: Silver Spire (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $13.99
- #7: The Missing Chapter (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: Archie Meets Nero Wolfe: A Prequel to Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Mysteries (Paperback): $14.99
- #10: Archie in the Crosshairs (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #10) (Paperback): $14.99
- #12: Murder, Stage Left (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #12) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #13: The Battered Badge (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #13) (Paperback): $14.99
- #14: Death of an Art Collector: A Nero Wolfe Mystery (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #14) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #15: Archie Goes Home (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #15) (Paperback): $16.99
- #16: Trouble at the Brownstone (Nero Wolfe Mysteries #16) (Paperback): $16.99
Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin have a lot of boldfaced names on their suspect list when New York's most hated gossip columnist is murdered.
There are few people Nero Wolfe respects, and Lon Cohen of the New York Gazette is one of them. So when Cohen asks for a favor, the famously brilliant--and notoriously lazy--detective is inclined to listen. According to Cohen, someone wants to kill the Gazette's gossip columnist, Cameron Clay. Death threats are a regular hazard for Clay, who's hurled insults and accusations at every bold-faced name in the five boroughs. But the latest threats have carried a more sinister tone.
The columnist has narrowed his potential killers down to five people: an egomaniacal developer, a disgraced cop, a corrupt councilman, a sleazy lawyer, and his own ex-wife. But when Clay turns up dead, the cops deem it a suicide. The bigwigs at the Gazette don't agree, so they retain Wolfe and his indefatigable assistant, Archie Goodwin, to figure out which of the suspects had the mettle to pull the trigger.
In this "outstanding" mystery, Robert Goldsborough, author of Murder in E Minor, "once again demonstrates an impressive ability to emulate Rex Stout's narrative voice" (Publishers Weekly, starred review).
About the Author
Robert Goldsborough (b. 1937) is an American author best known for continuing Rex Stout's famous Nero Wolfe series. Born in Chicago, he attended Northwestern University, and upon graduation went to work for the Associated Press, beginning a lifelong career in journalism that would include long periods at the Chicago Tribune and Advertising Age. While at the Tribune, Goldsborough began writing mysteries in the voice of Rex Stout, the creator of iconic sleuths Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin. Goldsborough's first novel starring Wolfe, Murder in E Minor (1986), was met with acclaim from both critics and devoted fans, winning a Nero Award from the Wolfe Pack. Six more novels followed, including Death on Deadline (1987) and Fade to Black (1990). In 2005, Goldsborough published Three Strikes You're Dead, the first in an original series starring Chicago Tribune reporter Snap Malek. His most recent novel is Stop the Presses! (2016).