Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Bell Elkins Novels series.
- #1: A Killing in the Hills: The First Bell Elkins Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Summer of the Dead: A Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #3) (Paperback): $15.99
- #4: Last Ragged Breath: A Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #4) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #5: Sorrow Road: A Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #5) (Paperback): $15.99
- #6: Fast Falls the Night: A Bell Elkins Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #6) (Paperback): $16.99
- #7: Bone on Bone: A Bell Elkins Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #7) (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: The Cold Way Home: A Novel (Bell Elkins Novels #8) (Hardcover): $27.99
September 2013 Indie Next List
“Fans of character-driven suspense with strong female protagonists will love Bitter River, the latest in Julia Keller's Bell Elkins series. Prosecutor and divorced mom Elkins is questioning her move back from Washington D.C. to her impoverished West Virginia hometown, as she investigates the murder of a teenage girl who seemed to be one of the town's success stories. Meanwhile, forces from outside the town bring an unforeseen threat to Bell's new relationship, and ultimately to Bell herself. Suspenseful and satisfying!”
— Carol Schneck Varner, Schuler Books & Music, Okemos, MI
About the Author
JULIA KELLER spent twelve years as a reporter and editor for the "Chicago Tribune," where she won a Pulitzer Prize. A recipient of a Nieman Fellowship at Harvard University, she was born in West Virginia and lives in Chicago and Ohio. "Bitter River" is her second adult novel.