Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Murder-By-Month Mysteries series.
- #1: May Day (Paperback): $14.95
- #3: Knee High by the 4th of July (Murder-By-Month Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $14.95
- #4: August Moon (Murder-By-Month Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $14.95
- #5: September Fair (Paperback): $14.95
- #6: October Fest (Murder-By-Month Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $14.95
- #7: November Hunt (Murder-By-Month Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $14.95
- #8: December Dread (Murder-By-Month Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $14.99
- #9: January Thaw (Murder-By-Month Mysteries #9) (Paperback): $14.99
- #10: February Fever (Murder-By-Month Mysteries #10) (Paperback): $14.99
- #11: March of Crime (Murder-By-Month Mysteries #11) (Paperback): $14.99
Mira James never imagined life after college would be a doublewide trailer outside Battle Lake, Minnesota. Then again, maybe the North Country has more to offer than mosquitoes and broasted chicken.
Local legend claims that a diamond necklace was lost nearly a century ago in Whiskey Lake, not far from the present day Shangri-La resort. Mira, a part-time reporter, goes fishing for the story behind the legend, but her dives turn up more than missing jewelry. Buoyed by frozen Nut Goodies and a diminutive circus performer, the exhilarating search leads to a new mystery to unravel, and puts her face to face with the surfacing of a menacing foe from her past.
"Move over, Stephanie Plum. There's a new bad girl in town, and her name is Mira James. The funny, earthy heroine of June Bug is sure to stumble her way into the hearts of readers everywhere. With a keen eye to the bawdy side of life, Jess Lourey delivers a story that's loonier than our state bird; with a deft hand, she both celebrates and skewers the myths about strait-laced life in small-town Minnesota. Don't miss this one–it's a hoot "—Wlliam Kent Krueger, Anthony Award winning author of Copper River
"With just the right amount of insouciance, tongue-in-cheek sexiness, and plain common sense, Jess Lourey offers up a funny, well written, engaging story."—Carl Brookins, author of The Case of the Greedy Lawyers
"Mira is young, sexy, enthusiastic, and -- like all amateur sleuths -- forever doomed to find the bodies of the recently departed. Even when they aren't always bodies. Or recently departed. Jess Lourey is a talented, witty, and clever writer."—Monica Ferris, best-selling author of the Needlecraft Mysteries
About the Author
Jessica (Jess) Lourey is best known for her critically-acclaimed Murder-by-Month mysteries, which have earned multiple starred reviews from Library Journal and Booklist, the latter calling her writing "a splendid mix of humor and suspense." A tenured professor of creative writing and sociology, Jess lives in Minneapolis with her family. Salem's Cipher, the first book in her thrilling Witch Hunt series, hits stores September 2016. You can find out more at www.JessicaLourey.com.