Email or call for price.
This practical, illustrated guide covers the use and technique of injecting joints for the relief of musculoskeletal pain and inflammation. Introductory chapters deal with the effects of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics and their uses; safety procedures which should be observed when using these products for injection and guidelines to safe injection techniques. The bulk of the book deals with the technique of injection joint by joint. The text is laid out so that each page of text describing the technique is matched by a facing page of illustrations illustrating the procedure. For each joint there is a 4 colour line drawing of the anatomy of the joint and a full colour photograph showing the surface anatomy position for injection. The actual technique of giving the injection and location the correct anatomical position for the insertion of the needle is demonstrated and explained on the CDRom. The book features:
- Step by step guide to injection techniques
- Highly illustrated: 4 colour line drawings and full colour photographs showing the area for needle insertion and the correct position for the needle
- Layout allows text and relevant illustrations to be on facing pages
- Canadian binding with PPC cover combines protective cover with ability to lie the text flat for easy referral
- Includes essential information on the substances to be injected
- Adopts the latest guidelines for the safety of the procedure
- Relevant to a wide range of practitioners who have to deal with the management of swollen and painful joints particularly in relation to sports and overuse injuries
- Written by two highly experienced practitioners who also have many years of experience in teaching the technique
- Main author was key player in defining the guidelines for safe practice.
- An introduction by the author
- Demonstrations of 21 upper limb injections (plus 7 clips using bones to show the correct anatomical location for the injection)
- Demonstrations of 27 lower limb injections (plus 7 clips using bones to show correct anatomical location for the injection)
- Demonstrations of 7 spinal/advanced techniques (with 5 clips using bones to show anatomical location for the injection)
- Demonstrations of two real injections (ie not using a sheathed needle).
. All b/w photographs replaced with new photos in full colour
. All anatomical line drawings redrawn in two-colour
. Includes reference to the latest drugs now being used (Hialgen andSinvisc)
. New selection of patient section
. Enlarged description of clinical findings for each injection.