Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Shetland Island Mysteries series.
- #1: Raven Black: Book One of the Shetland Island Mysteries (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: White Nights: A Thriller (Shetland Island Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: Red Bones: A Thriller (Shetland Island Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: Dead Water: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $17.99
- #6: Thin Air: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: Cold Earth: A Shetland Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: Wild Fire: A Shetland Island Mystery (Shetland Island Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $17.99
In the fourth book of Ann Cleeves' critically acclaimed series set in the Shetland Islands, Detective Inspector Jimmy Perez brings his fiancée home to Fair Isle, a birder's paradise, where strangers are viewed with suspicions and distrust. When a woman's body is discovered at the island's bird observatory, the investigation is hampered by a raging storm that renders the island totally isolated. Jimmy has to find clues the old-fashioned way, and he has to do it quickly. There's a killer on the island just waiting for the chance to strike again.
About the Author
ANN CLEEVES is the multi-million copy and New York Times bestselling author behind two hit television series—the BBC’s Shetland, starring Douglas Henshall, and ITV’s Vera, starring Academy Award Nominee Brenda Blethyn—both of which are watched and loved in the US. The Long Call, the first in the Two Rivers series introducing Detective Matthew Venn, was an instant New York Times bestseller.
Shetland is available in the US on Netflix, Amazon Video, Britbox and PBS, and Vera is available on Hulu, Amazon Video, BritBox and PBS.
The first Shetland novel, Raven Black, won the CWA Gold Dagger for best crime novel, and Ann was awarded the CWA Diamond Dagger in 2017. She lives in the UK.
“Blue Lightning is nothing short of riveting.” —Louise Penny
“Chilling...enough to freeze the blood.” —The New York Times on Raven Black
“Riveting.” —Val McDermid on Raven Black
“Cunning… Pulls the wool over our eyes in true Christie fashion.” —Colin Dexter, author of the Inspector Morse mysteries, on White Nights