An updated edition of the essential guide to dealing with common respiratory illness, featuring a new chapter offering practical strategies on how to prevent, treat, and recover from Covid-19.
From cold and flu to pneumonia and bronchitis; from tonsillitis and sinusitis to SARS, eminent pulmonologist Neil Schachter, M.D., explains how to treat and prevent common respiratory illnesses and protect yourself from Covid-19. The Good Doctor's Guide to Colds and Flu shows how to avoid illness, boost immunity, and combat congestion, fever, and discomfort when cold, flu, and other infections strike.
Dr. Schachter provides the latest and most effective information and advice to help you protect your health including:
- Six prevention and treatment plans for the six most common respiratory infections: colds, influenza, sinusitis, bronchitis, tonsillitis, and pneumonia
- The four stages of a cold, and one of the best ways to avoid catching one
- Conflicting research on well-known cold remedies such as Vitamin C, Zinc, and Echinacea
- The four major types of pneumonias, and the prevention technique that can eliminate more than 80 organisms that cause it
- Why humming five seconds a day can reduce risk of sinus problems
- The surprising reason why women catch more colds
- The five best ways to conquer a cough
- Three symptoms that signal it's time to call a doctor
- And much more
About the Author
Dr. Neil Schachter, M.D., is a professor of pulmonary, critical care and community medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center. A native New Yorker he is graduate of Lycee Francais, Columbia College and NYU School of Medicine. After serving as a Lieutenant Commander in the medical corps of the US Navy, he completed a pulmonary fellowship at Yale University Medical School.
Dr Schachter is past president of the American Lung Association of New York and the National Association of Medical Directors of Respiratory Care and a fellow of the American College of Physicians and American College of Chest Physicians.He has published more than 400 peer-reviewed papers and abstracts and 28 books and chapters on lung disease. His research is focused on workplace lung health issues, COPD and respiratory infections. His landmark research and advocacy with the Southern Poverty Law Center led to new regulations to protect the health and legal rights of workers in the textile industry
“This book can help!”
— Allergy & Asthma Today