Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the V.I. Warshawski Novels series.
- #1: Indemnity Only (V.I. Warshawski Novels #1) (Compact Disc): $59.97
- #2: Deadlock (V.I. Warshawski Novels #2) (Compact Disc): $59.97
- #4: Bitter Medicine (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Blood Shot (V.I. Warshawski Novels #5) (Compact Disc): $59.97
- #6: Burn Marks (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #7: Guardian Angel (MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #10: Total Recall (V.I. Warshawski Novels #10) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $9.99
- #11: Blacklist (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Fire Sale (Abridged / MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #13: Hardball (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Body Work (V.I. Warshawski Novels #14) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $9.99
- #15: Hardball (Compact Disc): $99.97
- #16: Critical Mass (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Brush Back (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #17) (Paperback): $9.99
- #20: Shell Game: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #20) (Paperback): $16.99
From New York Times Bestselling Author Sara Paretsky comes another electrifying novel of suspense in her beloved V. I. Warshawski series…
They say blood is thicker than water. Private eye V. I. Warshawski has her doubts, especially when it comes to the bad blood between her and her great-aunt Rosa. But when the old lady reaches out, V. I. answers the call.
The good friars at St. Albertus Magnus Priory, Rosa’s long-time employers, have cashed in on valuable securities from their safe…only to discover they were counterfeits. Suspended under a cloud of suspicion, Rosa wants V. I. to clear her name. Exonerate a senior citizen who’s never missed Sunday mass? Easy enough—or so V. I. thinks before a mystery brought to her by new flame Roger Ferrant crosses paths with Rosa’s case.
The deeper V. I. digs, the more someone wants her to take her shovel and go home—someone who threatens to blind her with acid, and won’t stop there. Because corruption’s tentacles reach farther than V. I. imagined; from her family to Chicago’s infamous Family…and from a monastery’s hushed hallways to the highest echelons of the Church.
About the Author
SARA PARETSKY is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty previous novels, including the renowned V.I. Warshawski series. She is one of only four living writers—alongside John le Carré, Peter Lovesey, and Lawrence Block—to have received both the Grand Master Award from the Mystery Writers of America and the Cartier Diamond Dagger from the Crime Writers Association of Great Britain. She lives in Chicago with her husband.
Before there was Lisbeth Salander, before there was Stephanie Plum, there was V.I. WARSHAWSKI. She took the mystery world by storm in 1982 with her first appearance in Indemnity Only. A gifted private eye with the grit and smarts to tackle the mean streets, V.I. transformed a genre in which women were typically either vamps or victims. As a “courageous, sexually liberated female investigator,” she “has a humility, a humanity, and a need for human relationships which the male hard-boilers lack” (P.D. James). She lives in Chicago with her dog.